The functional test after assembly of the PCBA circuit board is generally called FVT (Function Verification Test) or FCT (Function Test). Its purpose is to capture the poorly assembled board and install it through the analog circuit board. Full-featured testing in the whole machine, in order to capture the circuit assembly board that may be defective before assembling into the whole machine, so as not to find the bad after assembling into the whole machine, but also to completely dismantle and reorganize and waste time. Loss of material .
PCBA tests mainly include: ICT test, FCT test, burn-in test, fatigue test, and test in harsh environment.
1. The ICT test mainly includes the circuit’s on/off, voltage and current values and fluctuation curves, amplitude, and noise.
2. FCT test requires IC program firing, simulates the function of the entire PCBA board, finds problems in hardware and software, and equips with necessary chip processing to produce fixtures and test stands.
3. The fatigue test is mainly to sample the PCBA board, and perform high-frequency and long-term operation of the function to observe whether there is a failure and judge the probability of the test failure, so as to feedback the working performance of the PCBA board in the electronic product.
4. In the harsh environment, the test is mainly to expose the PCBA board to the limit temperature, humidity, drop, splashing water and vibration, and obtain the test result of the random sample, so as to infer the reliability of the entire PCBA board batch product.
5. The aging test is mainly to energize the PCBA board and electronic products for a long time, keep their work and observe whether there is any failure failure. After the aging test, the electronic products can be sold in batches.
The functional test of PCBA contains content:
1: Power section test – Power supply is working properly, test voltage at each point – use comparator or other
2: Port (interface) test, if there is Short&Open, causing an exception
3: integrated circuit module IC I / O read / write function test – Flash & EEPROM & CPU & SDRAM & Logic IC etc
4: Special function test (different board requirements are inconsistent) – if you have infrared, you need an external receiver
For PCBA testing, depending on what test you are doing, ICT or FCT, the charging method for different test methods will be very different, because ICT equipment and tooling are relatively expensive. But ICT can give good test results and bring great benefits to the repair.
PCBA process is complicated. In the process of production and processing, various problems may occur due to improper equipment or operation, and the products produced are not guaranteed to be qualified. Therefore, PCBA testing is required to ensure that each product does not have quality problems.